General Joomla Questions
- What is Joomla?
Joomla is one of the world’ s most popular open source CMS (content management system). With millions of websites running on Joomla, the software is used by individuals, small & medium-sized businesses, and large organizations worldwide to easily create & build a variety of websites & web-enabled applications.
- How does Joomla work, and what are extensions?
A content management system is software that keeps track of every piece of content on your Web site, much like your local public library keeps track of books and stores them. Content can be simple text, photos, music, video, documents, or just about anything you can think of. A major advantage of using a CMS is that it requires almost no technical skill or knowledge to manage. Since the CMS manages all your content, you don't have to.
Many companies and organizations have requirements that go beyond what is available in the basic Joomla package. In those cases, Joomla's powerful application framework makes it easy for developers to create sophisticated add-ons that extend the power of Joomla into virtually unlimited directions.
- How do I install my new CRMery extension?
Once you have an extension to install, you must upload the extension file (zip package) through the Joomla! extension manager.
* Please note that some download packages contain just the component while others contain all the various extension. CRMery includes the main component and plugins all in a single installable .zip file. To use CRMery, you will need to install only one .zip file. For installation directions, please refer to our documentation. Note: if you wish to install the module file named mod_crmery_lists.zip this file must be installed separately. This module is optional, and in most cases the information that is displayed within this module is also displayed elsewhere within CRMery.
Account and Pre-purchase Questions
- How can I purchase CRMery?
We try to make it dead simple to purchase CRMery. Simply follow this link and click purchase to checkout.
- How does CRMery compare to other CRMs?
Glad you asked! Check out how CRMery compares Vtiger and Sugar CRM. Have specific questions about a particular feature, just ask us in an email or through the on-site live chat!
- Can I use CRMery on any hosting provider?
CRMery can be installed on a wide variety of hosting providers. We do not have a specific list as there is no reason why CRMery would not install successfully on any competent host. Because CRMery is a Joomla! component the requirements for CRMery should be met by any host that already has Joomla! installed. Below are listed the key features your hosting provider should have:
PHP 5.3 or above
MySQL 5.0 or above
- Can I test drive CRMery prior to purchase?
Absolutely. We offer a full demo version for you to kick the tires on. You can see CRMery in action at http://demo.crmery.com.
- If I’m not satisfied with my purchase, can I get a refund?
We want you to be fully satisfied with your purchase, so we do our best to offer the best possible products that we can. If you aren’t 100% satisfied with your purchase, please contact us so we can make things right. Because our license type is Open Source we do not offer refunds.
- How long does support last?
- With purchase, what type of support is provided?
The answer to this question may be found at our Support FAQ
- Can I install CRMery on multiple sites?
Because we release software for Joomla! a GNU/GPL platform our code must also meet those same standards. We request that if you appreciate the work we've done you would purchase a support package for each separate business.
- Do you have a partner or affiliate system?
- Does CRMery work with the latest version of Joomla?
Of course. We program our extension to be compatible with Joomla! 2.5 present and Joomla! future (3.5 and beyond...). We review CRMery with each new release to ensure it continues to work successfully. Also, we will post regular updates on our blog as we test each new Joomla! release both minor and major for any compatibility issues.
- With which browsers is CRMery compatible?
We write our code to run successfully on all major browsers. That means CRMery will work in Internet Explorer 10, 11, and Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Opera. Sorry IE6 lovers, but it’s time to update. Internet Explorer users may experience a slightly less-than-optimal experience due to the limitations inherent within the browser.
- I’m thinking of customizing CRMery myself. Will I be able to get support help?
- What are the system requirements to run CRMery?
The following are the basic system requirements necessary to run CRMery. These are fairly typical settings and most Joomla! installations will meet these minimum requirements already.
Joomla 2.5.16 and above OR Joomla 3.2.0 and above
PHP 5.3 or above
MySQL 5.0 or above
- How do I update CRMery?
If your version of CRMery is out of date, you will see a notice on your admin panel. Yep, pretty cool right? (That's why we recommend cURL being installed). Click the notice to be directed to the latest version.
Want more specific instructions? No problem. Login to your account and download the latest package. Then simply follow the same steps as a fresh install by uploading through the extension manager (See the FAQ above).
- Do you include the source code in your extension?
Of course. We are a true GNU/GPL extension. That means you have 100% access to all source code and all files. Nothing is encrypted. That makes it a piece-of-cake to make changes as you need them.
- GNU/GPL? What the heck is that?
GNU/GPL means we don't encrypt our work. It means when you purchase a support package from us you get full access to everything. Isn't that the way it should be? Besides, we're pretty proud of our code. Take a look and you'll see why. See more here http://www.gnu.org/licenses/old-licenses/gpl-2.0.html
- How do I get support for my purchase?
Directions on how to submit a support ticket may be found at http://www.crmery.com/support
- Can I remove the CRMery copyright from the footer?
Absolutely. We’d appreciate it if you kept it there, but hey it’s your site. Feel free to change it as you see fit.
- Can I easily translate CRMery to another language?
CRMery has been built using the standard Joomla! ini language files. You can easily change the language of the entire component by simply creating a new language file and placing it in the appropriate Joomla! languages folder.
- Do you have a translation for my language?
We do our best to provide alternate translations. We use Transifex for hosting all our translations. We add them as quickly as they are supplied by our members. If your language is not on the list and you'd be willing to translate it for us...we would love to have you. We will provide a $150 discount for the first complete 100% translation of each language.
- Can I use CRMery for a client’s site?
Certainly. In fact, we encourage you to do so, and then come back for another copy for another client. Just remember, we ask that you respect our business and support it by purchasing a separate copy for each business.
- Do you offer customization/design services?
- Does CRMery need any special software?
CRMery needs nothing but Joomla! to run successfully. As a Joomla! component CRMery relies only on a stable running Joomla! site that allows for third party components to be installed.
- Do you have API documentation?
We have basic API documentation available here. Our code is clean and any competent developer should be able to make any customization. Otherwise, we suggest submitting a customization request via our contact form.
CRMery Plugin Questions
- Does CRMery offer support for plugins?
We offer support on all of our CRMery-branded plugins for all of our users that have purchased CRMery. Have questions about the plugins we've created, just contact our support team by following the directions provided on our Support page.
Please note, we do not support 3rd party plugins. There are simply too many out there for us to support them all. We do our best to ensure that CRMery is easily extensible and developers can add their own code without headache, but we do not offer support for those plugins. Of course, our CRMery Plugins are guaranteed to work. If you hit a snag, pop a question in the support forum.